filmSPARK SHORTS SHOWCASE EXTRAVAGANZA!
WHEN: Friday September 12, 2014 — 7-9pm
WHERE: The Cary Theater, 122 East Chatham Street, Cary , NC
The filmSPARK Shorts Showcase Extravaganza is a community showcase of local independent short films. The showcase features dramas, comedies, thrillers, documentaries, animated films, experimental and special effects, and music videos.
This year’s showcase will be at the newly renovated Cary Theater in downtown Cary! Built in 1946, The Cary Theater was the town’s first indoor movie theater, which hosted live performances as well as films. The Town of Cary renovated the theater and it reopened to the public in 2014.
- HARBINGER: HARBINGER is a live action short film based in the genre of fantasy and drama. It was produced by Drawbridge Media in Raleigh, NC and was shot on location throughout the state of North Carolina. The film follows an adopted ten year old as he climbs to the top of an Oak tree in hopes of catching his unborn baby brother falling from space. http://www.harbingershortfilm.com
- MORE FILMS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
48 HOUR filmSPARK CHALLENGE!
WHEN: Friday September 5, 2014 to Sunday September 7, 2014. The films will be screened during on the Main Stage on Saturday night during SPARKcon!
The 48 Hour filmSPARK Challenge is a race to complete a film from start to finish in exactly 48 hours! You can draw upon any resources you can muster to make your film. You are only limited by time and your imagination. Whether you are an amateur or a professional, have access to tons of equipment or just your friend’s iPhone camera, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO CREATIVITY!
Anyone can participate in the 48 Hour filmSPARK Challenge. (Team rep. must be at least 18 years old.)
- Each team must select one representative, over the age of 18. This person is responsible for informing the team of all official releases and agreements pertaining to the 48 Hour filmSPARK Challenge.
- This representative will be emailed the surprise elements at the start of the Official 48 Hour Time Period.
- The team representative will be responsible to submit the completed film to Vimeo (www.vimeo.com) and email the link to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 8:30pm on the final day of the Official 48 Hour Time Period.
Enter now! Call for entries will end Wednesday September 3, 2014.
Follow us on Facebook!